Original Post Date:
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Well, it finally August. The last few weeks have been pretty rough internally for my unit. I finally realized the depth of how much some of the Staff Sergeants and our Lieutenant have a buddy system. They go to great lengths to keep themselves in the limelight. If any incident happens where it might turn into a big deal (suspicious activities, IDF's with injuries, etc...). They respond to the incident, especially the lieutenant. Also they further separated themselves from the rest of the flight by making t-shirts with the Explosive Ordinance Disposal unit and did not include the rest of the flight. I have not scene this type of petty bullshit since middle school. The other airman started calling them the "Hero Squad." They feel the rest of the flight could not run without them and only they should get any credit when it comes to incidents. I have noticed some of them altering the blotter to make it look like they were the ones that did all the effort at major incidents. I am not saying that they aren't good at their job However they have made a huge rift between the "Heroes" and the rest of the flight.
A few days ago the situation reach a new level. The Captain fired my flight chief. Who was not part of the Heroes Squad. I feel actually somewhat responsible. I was in charge of an incident and the Captain didn't agree with me how I handle it. Sgt. Hafner defended me on it and it was basically the straw the broke the camel's back. Things were further complicated with me at another incident that day. I let Sgt Hafner and the Senior down. Now, the flight leadership are all now from that "Hero" click. I don't hate them, however they need to remember that they are only staff sergeants and are equal to everyone else on flight. They way they handle themselves by alienating members of flight. This makes everyone else's moral fall.
Now, things are picking back up because our relief is coming soon. By this time next month I should be sitting in my bar drinking a Boston Cooler, playing with my dogs and playing a drinking game with my wife.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment