Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day at the beach.

Original post date:
Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Today was my day off and was the first quiet day in awhile. It was good to relax for a complete day and not hear the incoming alarm for rockets or explosions. Yesterday a few rockets hit adjacent to my trailer, when I was on the phone with my Mom. She called when she was sitting on the beach outside her apartment. Right during the middle of IDF attack, my mother (not knowing what was going on) asked if I wanted to hear the waves crashing. It gave me a little bit of home when I really needed it.

I really don't know if having a phone that my family can call is a good idea. I don't know if they ever hear the explosions or alarms, but I know they probably noticed my pause and something is not right. I normally tried to give a reason to get off the phone without worrying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment